How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day 121, May 1: Lights, Camera, Speak!

My All-Time Favorite
Movies With Animals
Quite a range here, from horror to comedy to downright sweet.
1. "Babe," 1995: This might be in my Top 10 of ALL-TIME!
Just love everything about it.
2. "The Birds," 1963: Watched this with the family at home on television when I was about 10. Scared the heck out of me.
3. "March of the Penguins," 2005: Utterly fantastic French documentary with a lot of heart, to boot.
4. "The Bear." 1989: Ironically, another French film, has almost no dialogue but is captivating nonetheless.
5. "Seabiscuit," 2003: There is some great camera work in this and the story is inspirational. One of my favorite sports movies, too.
6. "Jaws," 1975: This used to be No. 2 a while ago. Great movie, but doesn't stand the test of time for me for some reason.
7. "The Incredible Journey," 1963: The original, I saw it on television as a youngster. I loved the animals 
and was drawn to their journey.
8. "Air Bud," 1997: A wonderful family movie, the dog does some amazing tricks and there's sports involved!
9. "The Adventures of Milo & Otis," 1989: Another fun family film I'd recommend to anyone.
10. "Old Yeller," 1957: A very good movie, but it's so dang sad.
Honorable mention: "Hachiko: A Dog's Story," 2009: I caught most of this on video with Kris. As amazing an animal story as I've ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment