How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Day 148, May 28: The Letter T

 Some Favorite Words
That Start With T
Tantalizing: The word has a nice ring to it, and I've seen many things over the years that fit its definition.
Teacher: If I had my life to do over, this is what I would be. Probably grade 5 or younger. I try to teach my youth sports kids more than just the sport. (Funny I'd pick two professions where you don't 
make much money!)
Texarkana: Two towns, same name, right on the border of Texas and Arkansas with 137,486 people in the metro area. Such a neat city name, and twice the fun!
Tibbs: Nickname of a great Dubuque friend. He worked with me on the TH sports staff and we continue to stay in touch and have a drink once in awhile, even though he's a Hawkeye and I'm a Badger!
Tolerance: A word I strive for and often fall short. But it's also a perfectly fine substitute for the word "acceptance," when it comes to certain social or political items. Look it up! 
Tomboy: What a daughter of mine likely would have been and I'm partial to them as a youth coach.
Topographic maps: I don't like them as much as regular road atlas maps, but I just saw a few old ones at Eastgate in Madison 
during a trip with Kris. Cool.
Tuba: Not one of the premier instruments, it's the only one I ever signed up for to take lessons. But a ballgame (of course) got in the way and I never went through with it.
Turntable: I put a lot of records on these over the years; 
lots of memories.
Tyrannosaurus Rex: One of the coolest - and largest - dinosaurs, I also love the sound of the name.

No comments:

Post a Comment