How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 135, May 15: The Letter G

Some Favorite Words
That Start With G
Galena: A very cool historic tourist town in northwest Illionis, Gen. Ulysseus S. Grant lived their in the early 1860s.
Garfunkel: The first time I heard the duo named Simon & Garfunkel, I thought the second name was made up. One of his best solo songs
is called "All I Know."
Gargantuan: A like the sound of this word. It's defined as "of great mass; huge and bulky." The men in a family in Stoughton named, Gallagher (G!), fit this definition.
Gettysburg: Before July of 1863, this little Pennsylvania town was minding its own business. Around 50,000 Civil War casualties occurred in this the bloodies of all battles.
Giggle: A fun word, and I love when I hear somebody giggle. My mom's side of the family - especially Aunt Mary and Uncle Jim - has some great gigglers.
God: A no-brainer, for anybody who knows me.
I trust Him with my heart and soul.
Grappler: A word used by a lot of old sportswriters in place of wrestler, I like the image (how about
Greco-Roman grappler?!?)
Great-grandma: Olson. She ranked ahead of my four grandparents in someone I admired. A widow for 40 years, my mom's side of the family revolved around her on holidays.
Green, Al: Perhaps my No. 1 black singer, this guy oozes sensuality in some of the performances on my Midnight Special DVDs
from the 1970s.
Gunderburger: I just learned of this word last month. A bar in the nearby town of Gunder, Iowa, offers this special sandwich, which btw, ranks among the Top 10 burgers in the state.

No comments:

Post a Comment