How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Day 145, May 25: The Letter Q

Some Favorite Words
That Start With Q
Qaid: A Muslim leader, the main reason I like this word is because Scrabble allows it.
Q-tips: I use one nearly every day and sometimes stick them in too far into my ear. But it feels really good.
Quadrangular: A neat long word, I dealt with a lot of quadrangulars as a sports editor.
Quagmire: Wet boggy ground or a difficult position, I also like the sound of this word.
Quarterback: My all-time favorite is probably Bart Starr. Aaron Rodgers is moving up my charts. Favorite non-Packer? Joe Montana.
Queen: One of my favorite rock groups, I love "Bohemian Rhapsody," "You're My Best Friend" and "Fat-Bottomed Girls."
Quibble: Play on words, an evasion of the main point, a petty objection and a fun word.
Quicksand: Something that has fascinated me since I was a kid. I've contemplated how I would escape should I ever fall into some.
Quincy: A town of 40,633 along the Mississippi River in Illinois. The "Gem City," it was named after John Quincy Adams - located in Adams County. The annual Pepsi Little People's Golf Championships are held here, and it's for young people, not dwarfs.
Quirky: I like to consider myself to be quirky, in a good way. This would be a solid Scrabble play, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment