How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Friday, May 20, 2011

Day 140, May 20: The Letter L

Some Favorite Words
That Start With L
La Crosse: A beautiful city of about 50,000 on the Mississippi River. Its bluffs are just awesome. Named for a Native American
racquet game.
Laughter: I believe it's probably the most healthy thing a person can do. Some day, I'll do a blog of my favorite laughs.
Lincoln, Abraham: Not only our greatest president, a fascinating man who likely wasn't as perfect as history makes him out to be, but must have been a sight to behold.
Lilliputian: I barely could remember this word, but found it. It means very small or diminutive. It's derived from Lilliput in "Gulliver's Travels."
Little League: Just got done coaching Dairy Queen to a 6-3 win on a most beautiful evening at the ballpark. I love coaching
and teaching 8-12 year olds.
Llama: A pretty ugly animal from South America, I like the word. Two L's right in a row to start a word! There aren't that many.
Longstreet, Gen. James: One of Robert E. Lee's main subordinates, had he listened to Longstreet at Gettysburg, history could have been much different (not necessarily better, though).
Love: It's overused, but I can think of a lot worse words to overuse (like the dreaded f-word, for example). Love is the answer; God is love. And all that gushy stuff.
Lucy: Lucille Ball was my favorite comedienne. Her timing, slapstick ability and innocence made her wonderful. And, she reminds me a lot of my mom - another wonderful woman.
Lugnut: I'm not a mechanic, but I think this word sounds cool. There's a minor league team in Lansing, Mich., called the Lugnuts. So cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment