How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Day 132, May 12: The Letter D

Some Favorite Words
That Start With D
"Daisy a Day:" A touching song by a guy named Jud Strunk that describes the devotion of a husband to a wife.
Death: I have contemplated this often. Sometimes, it seems amazing. Once in a while, I fear it. Most of the time, I am extremely excited
about taking the next step.
Derelict: One of those words I like the sound of. For a double-D, it's often used as "derelict in his duty."
Deuteronomy: One of the neater sounding books of the Bible. According to mine, it deals with hardship, testing, and doubt, but also with promise, hope and trust. My life in a nutshell.
Devotion: If I could have the kind of devotion to my wife that the character in "Daisy a Day," had, I'd be very pleased.
Something to strive for.
Dixie: With all of the negative connotations with this word, I can't help but believe that not EVERY person who is proud of it is a racist.
The history aspect fascinates me.
Donatell, Mr.: One of my junior high math teachers, he was a solidly squat fellow with a wooden leg. He also kept control by occasionally using a wooden paddle. I learned a lot from that great man.
Dreaming: If I'm not day-dreaming, I'm having multiple dreams at night. Twice I have remembered and written down
five dreams from one evening!
Dubuque: What used to be simply part of a jingle for a ham commercial has turned into my home longer than any other of the six towns I have lived in. Pop. 57,637.
Dusseldorf: A fun name, this town in Germany has 586,217 people. It's known for its fashion and trade fairs, plus the annual Largest Fair on the Rhine. It's probably very beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment