How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day 151, May 31: The Letter W


Some Favorite Words
That Start With W
Walla Walla: Washington. Now that's a lot of Ws! Its population is 31,731. The city is known for its onions and many area wineries. State penitentiary are located there, as well.
War: One of my favorite black groups, I especially like the song "Cisco Kid." I'm also fascinated - and disturbed - by all wars.
Washington: As in George, he set a great precedent for all future presidents. Some have followed better than others.
Wayne: Probably the craziest, but also one of the most compassionate, brothers-in-law I've ever had (and I've had many). He hugs too much, though :-)
Whiner: I'm very good at acting like a whiner (probably from years of practicing the real thing!)
Whippoorwill: Wow, what a word! A medium-sized bird in North and Central America. You rarely see one because of its camouflage.
Why: Similar to wisdom, I truly believe all of my "why" questions will be answered in heaven.
Wigwam: A very neat word and a domed domicile for Native Americans. Not a teepee. 
Wisdom: Something I will seek forever but probably won't attain until I enter eternity. Then I'll have it forever!
Woebegone: A cool word, but also perhaps as sad a word as there is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment