How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Day 141, May 21: The Letter M


Some Favorite Words
That Start With M
Macarena: I loved this Spanish dance song when it came out in the 1990s, especially when it played at sporting events and people stood up to dance.
Mark: One of my oldest and dearest friends, he can be an outspoken person at times, but he's also one of the most devout Christians I know. He's married to a wonderful woman named Iliana.
Martyrdom: It has an almost final sound to it. Sometimes I wish I could be a martyr for the right cause (I said "sometimes")
Marx Brothers: One of my favorite comedy teams, they were so far ahead of their time, it was amazing. Being a fan of slapstick, my favorite brother was Harpo.
Mayhem: A cool word that I didn't realize meant more than just a wild, violent incident. Check out the first definition: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/mayhem?show=0&t=1306033136
Miscellaneous: I like the rhythm of the word and the catch-all definition.
Miles City, Mont.: A town in eastern Montana of 8,487. I once played in a softball tournament there and it was a classic Old West type of place. I had four hits in one game!
M&Ms: I've liked these since I was a little boy and would be treated to some when stopping at my Grandma and Grandpa Olson's home on Sunday mornings after church.
Monk: I've always admired anyone who can be so devoted to God. Saw a great French film tonight dealing with monks called "Of Gods and Men."
Myriad: A Greek word meaning endless, I like how it looks. So, do you say "a myriad" or just "myriad?" I always wonder.


No comments:

Post a Comment