How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Day 142, May 22: The Letter N

Some Favorite Word
That Start With N
Newport News: A city in Virginia with 180,000-plus people. It is located in a major group of cities near Virginia Beach, where I vacationed with family years ago. Michael Vick grew up here.
Nerd: I first heard this word watching "Happy Days" on TV. I once went to the movie "Revenge of the Nerds" not realizing that the bright green baseball cap I wore had a big "N" on it!
Noah: Imagine the mixed feelings this Biblical character must have had building that ark. Now that's faith!
Nick at Night: This television station used to play some of my favorite old TV shows. It's really gone downhill these days.
Nocturnal: I'm not really a night person, but I like 
the sound of this word.
Nightcap: I used to have a bad habit of ordering a nightcap while out when I should have gone home. Now, if I really need one last one, I wait until I get home to have it (which is getting rarer and rarer).
Naive: Me, in so many ways. But I'd rather be this 
than worldly or cynical.
Nestles: My favorite chocolate company by far. A Hershey Bar and Nestles Crunch rank near the top.
Norwegian: My heritage, with some Swedish, I grew up in Stoughton, Wis., which is heavily Scandanavian. Uffda!
Newspaper: It's been my life since my teens when I wrote for the high school Parrot. Since then, I've worked at papers in Wisconsin, Missouri, Wyoming, Idaho and Iowa. Hope they'll survive.







No comments:

Post a Comment