How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Monday, May 16, 2011

Day 136, May 16: The Letter H

Some Favorite Words
That Start With H
Haggard: A solid-sounding word and the way I feel after mowing my lawn with a push mower without an engine.
Hal: The sports editor in Dubuque who hired me after I dropped in unannounced to say I was the man for a sports reporter opening. That was almost 26 years, two kids, two wives and one cat ago.
Happenchance: I enjoy how this word works, but I don't believe in it other than small things. I believe all major occurrences in life are planned for me.
Havey, Lyn: One of my best friends from Stoughton. He's a professed agnostic and very intelligent man who has lived and worked in Manhattan for 30-some years.
Herculean: Oh, to be as strong as Hercules. Love this word.
Hialeah: A Miami, Fla., suburb with more than 225,000 people. Interestingly, the first Jai Alai fronton was built in Hialeah. Jai Alai in Hialeah - what fun! (Jai Alai is an indoor racquet game.)
Hinterlands: Just where are they? Does every country have them, or are they limited to the "Northern Part of the Eastern Kingdoms?" 
Hippotamus: An intriguing animal and word, it means "river horse." I remember how to spell it through the "Hippotamus Song" (hipp oh I know, and then comes pot ...)
Hooterville: A fictious and hilarious television hamlet made famous in "Green Acres" and "Petticoat Junction." Make sure to stop at Drucker's Store.
Hugs: I don't give them out as much as I should to the ones I love. My dad indirectly taught me that, not out of meanness, but out of sheepishness. They're nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment