How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 150, May 30: The Letter V

 
Some Favorite Words
That Start With V
Vamoose: Let's get out of here! I learned it's also a major bus company in the East as well as a product that eliminates cigarette smoke smell (I should give some to my mom :-(
Vanna: As in White, of "Wheel of Fortune" fame. I've told everybody over the years that we were born on the same day, but research found different: I'm two days older (dang it)
Varmint: One of cartoon star Yosemite Sam's favorite words, too!
V-Club: A fictious club created by a slowpitch softball teammate for myself and one other player who were still virgins after turning 20. Didn't bother me; I didn't want to "use" a woman to get out of a club.
Vehemently: Just one of those words that has a nice ring to it. An intense emotion.
Ventriloquist: I'm fascinated by these people, especially the good ones. Originally, it was a religious practice. And, yes, it's a neat word.
Vic: My best friend from Gillette, Wyo., he now lives in El Paso, Texas. We took a fun trip through California together,
after I had moved to Idaho.
Viroqua: A small town in Wisconsin near La Crosse (one of my favorite L words). Viroqua has 4,335 people. In 1865, a tornado in the area killed 22 people.
"Viva La Vida:" A song by the group Coldplay (one of my favorite C words). It's one of the group's more recent hits and one of my favorites.
Vitriolic: Very caustic, scathing ... and a cool-sounding word.

No comments:

Post a Comment