How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Day 134, May 14: The Letter F

Some Favorite Words
That Start With F
Family: This might sound like a copout, but when you've gone through the challenges I have, and your family has been there for you, it's a favorite word.
Fantasy: Along with the usual human fantasies I have, this word is more important to me as in Fantasy Sports. I've done baseball, basketball, football and NASCAR.
Fez: Short and sweet, it could add up to mucho points in Scrabble. It's a Turkish hat that before 1826 was found only in the Maghreb - the western region of Africa.
Fickle: Another one of those neat words, I seem to lean toward hard-sounding ones. Plus, I can be very fickle about my food.
Figment: Not sure why I like the sound of this word, but I do. Have you ever heard it used without "of his/her imagination?"
Finally: Although this word can be frustrating as you wait for something to finally happen, when it does, it's a great relief to utter FINALLY!
Fisticuffs: It has a nice flow to it. It seems like a wimpy way to describe what could be a brutal fight.
Frankenstein: A wonderful word and great fictional character. I especially liked Gene Wilder's protrayal of Dr. Fraunkensteen in Mel Brooks' "Young Frankenstein."
French Fries: I love 'em in all shapes and forms - especially if they're well done - with ketchup.
Fulton: A town in Missouri with 12,128 people. I lived there and was the sports editor of the Fulton Daily Gazette in 1981. It's the home of Westminster College, where Winston Churchill gave his Iron Curtain speech in 1946.

No comments:

Post a Comment