How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 138, May 18: The Letter J

Some Favorite Words
That Start With J
Jabberwocky: This word would likely rank in my Top 10 of favorite words. It's gibberish, meaningless words - something an overgrown kid like myself can appreciate.
Jalopy: I've owned a few of these in my day. It sounds cool, but its origin is uncertain.
James: Of course I have to pick this one. It's very sophisticated, and the first name of many presidents. My dad's middle name.
Jane: My first wife, she showed me how to apply the Golden Rule into real life. I still fall short far too often. Her siblings? Jay, Julie, Jaclyn, Jolene and Janis.
Jeff: My brother's name. He's a lot different than me; the handyman side of my dad. He owns a restaurant in Milton, Wis., and he's trying to sell it; the economy stinks.
Jericho: Joshua fit the battle ... I sometimes have this song going through me head, over and over. It's a great Bible story of faith.
Jock: It describes a major part of my personality. The first time I wore one, I wondered how it would protect me (they don't, of course, they just tuck it in and keep it from flopping around)
Johannesburg: The capital of South Africa, the greater metro area has more than 7,000,000 people. I'm fascinated by Africa and especially this country at the tip of the continent.
Jumping Jehoshaphat: A fun phrase to exclaim! Jehoshaphat was a Biblical king in Judah around 850 B.C. I couldn't find out a definite origin of this phrase.
"Jump Into the Fire": A rockin, bass guitar-driven song by Nilsson. Two of his other songs were the beautiful "Without You" and quirky "Coconut."

No comments:

Post a Comment