How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day 146, May 26: The Letter R

Some Favorite Words
That Start With R
Red Sox: My favorite team since I was age 10 in 1967. My dad was a Sox fan (mostly Ted Williams) and I got wrapped up in the great '67 pennant race. 
Rose: My favorite flower - it smells and looks so good. And, I am a Pete Rose fan. He worked his butt off and had the intensity of Ty Cobb. His gambling problem shouldn't keep him out of the Hall of Fame.
Rumpelstiltskin: I think this is a cool word and I had forgotten what the fairy tale was about. It's pretty strange.
Rainbow: It can be so beautiful and awe-inspiring. It's also God's promise to never flood the earth again.
Rinky-dink: I like the phrase; it almost sounds like what it means: cheap. It apparently originated in the early 1900s in Fresno or Pennsylvania.
Rose Royce: A 1970s R&B group that had the hits "Car Wash" and my favorite "I Wanna Get Next to You."
Roger: The name - jokingly - that Kris wants to give to a future kitten we get to replace our long lost cat Tabby. And, Roger Schoenenberger is a great friend of mine in Dubuque.
Rapid City: A beautiful town in western South Dakota with a population of 67, 956. It's in the Black Hills, and was a place I'd visit while living in Gillette, Wyo.
Republicans: I've struggled with their weaknesses and hypocrisies, but still lean more toward being conservative than liberal. I've voted both ways in EVERY election.
Raison d'etre: French for "reason to be or exist," I've always found it to be a pretty phrase.

No comments:

Post a Comment