How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Day 131, May 11: The Letter C

Some Favorite Words
That Start With C
Canasta: A two-deck card game that my parents played very often in the 1960s. I eagerly wanted to learn to play and did by age 10 or so.
Carson, Johnny: Throughout the years, I really enjoyed watching The Tonight Show. He was a perfect host, great character actor and impossible to replace.
Cave-In: A fruity drink served in a Mason jar at the Dubuque Mining Company. As tasty as it is potent. Used to be able to drink two, but the bladder won't handle it anymore.
Christianity: My religion and one that I am very proud of. Some of the people who claim to be Christians, not so much.
Cobb, Ty: I've mentioned before that he is my all-time favorite baseball player. Had I known him as a person, probably not.
Coldplay: One of Kris' favorite singing groups, we have seen two of their concerts. One was a great surprise I pulled off
for her early in our relationship.
Conestoga Wagon: A great, rhythmic C word, it also conjures up wonderful images of the Old West.
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho: My favorite C town name, it's located on the panhandle and has a 44,137 pop. Named after an Indian tribe. I once covered an Idaho high school playoff football game there. The drive took 7 hours and 45 minutes. That's just 20 minutes less than a trip from Dubuque to Cincinnati!
Cupola: Another word that sounds cool, many also look very stately atop houses. This word just beat out Coppola, Francis Ford.
Custer, George Armstrong: The epitomy of courage fueled by ego.
I wonder how often he road in a Conestoga Wagon?

No comments:

Post a Comment