How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 90, March 31: Play Ball!

My Favorite
Baseball Cards
It's Opening Day 2011 for Major League Baseball. I've already posted my all-time favorite players list. Tonight, it's my favorite baseball cards.
1. Richie Allen, Phillies (1968): It's one of those unexplainable things, this being my favorite card. He wasn't a favorite player, nor were the Phils a favorite. It just looks real cool.
2. Mickey Mantle, Yankees (1968): The '68 set of Topps is by far my favorite, and owning the Mantle is worth a lot of money.
Wish it was in mint condition.
3. Carl Yastrzemski, Red Sox (1968): My favorite player as a kid and another cool card. They used the exact pose
for his 1969 card, too. Pretty chincy.
4. Wade Boggs, Red Sox (1986): This Fleer card was very attractive with a blue border and tight-cropped photo.
5. Kirby Puckett, Twins (1985): A handsome Donruss with a black border shows a determined Puckett holding his bat on his shoulder.
6. Nolan Ryan, Mets (1968): This was his rookie prospects card and he shares it with another not-too-shabby rookie named Jerry Koosman. Worth a lot of money, but I put an X on it when I was 11 :-(
7. Johnny Bench, Reds (1969): His rookie card, which isn't quite as neat as his rookie prospects card, but I went and put an X on that one, too. (I didn't want to forget who the star was!)
8. Ted Williams, Red Sox (1955): One of my oldest cards, it was given to me by my first wife, Jane. I told her one time
that Williams was my dad's favorite player.
9. Willie Mays, Giants (1964): Another older one, I like the yellow letters that match the trim of the letters on Mays' uniform.
10. Bo Jackson, Royals (1987): His rookie Donruss card, it's got the nice-looking black edges and has Jackson playing catch. I would rank him very high on my list of all-around greatest athletes.

No comments:

Post a Comment