How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day 71, March 12: Over Troubled Waters


My Favorite Bridges
I haven't been on too many famous ones - especially outside the United States - but I'm sure you'll recognize a few of these.
1. Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco: It's too famous not to be my No. 1, and it lives up to its reputation.
2. The Mackinaw Bridge, Mackinaw, Mich.: An amazing bridge I got to share with my family on a vacation.
3. Chesapeake Bay Bridge, Va.: Same as No. 2, and this one included an underwater tunnel.
4. Bellevue, Neb., Toll Bridge: Kris took me the long way to Omaha on one of our trips and it was a trip to days gone by.
5. Coronado Bridge, San Diego, Calif.: I've been on this one a couple of times. It curves!
6. Bixby Bridge, Calif.: Near Carmel on Hwy 1, it gives an awesome view of the Pacific.
7. Old Sunshine Bridge, Tampa, Fla.: Another fantastic view, this time of the Gulf of Mexico. It collapsed in 1980, just a couple of years after I was on it.
8. Sixth, Seventh or Eighth Street bridges, Pittsburgh: Identical side-by-side bridges, they offer cool views of the city and rivers.
9. Wisconsin Bridge, Dubuque: Coming out of Wisconsin west toward Dubuque,
you get a nice look at the Mississippi River and the city.
10. Yahara River Bridge, Stoughton, Wis.: A quaint little bridge over a quaint little hometown.

No comments:

Post a Comment