How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 77, March 18: Here's the Story

My All-Time Favorite
TV Theme Songs
Once again, all of mine are from the past. They just seemed more fun (and I don't watch network TV shows much anymore). Besides, they offer great memories.
1. Flipper: Don't laugh. It brings back great memories of my childhood and almost brings tears to my eyes the rare times I hear it now.
2. The Rifle Man: How different can these two shows possibly be? This is one of those times on my endless lists that I just can't explain, but it's really No. 2.
3. Gilligan's Island: It's got to be on every person's list of favorite TV theme songs, doesn't it?
4. The Brady Bunch: Ditto to No. 3. They're all soooo cute.
5. Green Acres: "The chores ... the stores ...
fresh air ... Times Square!"
6. Rawhide: It's dating me a little bit, but what a spitfire song.
7. The Addams Family: Creepy and so much fun.
8. All in the Family: There's a special bond between Edith and Archie that comes out in this song.
9. Mr. Ed: Well of course, a horse is a horse.
10. The Twilight Zone: I shiver next to Kris everytime we watch it
on my DVDs.
Honorable mentions: The Andy Griffith Show, Happy Days, Cheers, Welcome Back Kotter, Mission: Impossible, The Beverly Hillbillies, Batman and Love Boat (really).

2 comments:

  1. Say it's not so. You've left off:
    Peter Gunn
    Mike Hammer (Either version, especially the 50's.)
    The Sopranos
    Hill Street Blues
    Mission Impossible
    Miami Vice
    Dragnet
    Hawaii Five-0
    NYPD Blue
    Perry Mason
    The Rockford Files
    X-Files
    St. Elsewhere
    The Civil War series on PBS
    Sunday Morning on CBS
    Death Valley Days
    Daniel Boone
    Northern Exposure
    The Wonder Years
    Taxi
    The Honeymooners
    Bewitched
    The Mary Tyler Moore Show
    My Three Sons
    The Bob Newhart Show
    Hazel
    All Creatures Great and Small

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scratch Mission Impossible...forgot you'd given it a cursory mention.

    ReplyDelete