How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Day 65, March 6: For the Birds

My All-Time Favorite Birds
Kris pointed out a robin in our backyard yesterday. Got me to thinking about my favorite birds.
1. Cardinal: It's so bright and colorful, you can't miss it
in the woods or anywhere else.
2. Blue Jay: Another pretty one, though I've heard he's mean.
3. Robin: It's Wisconsin's state bird, and I'm a Badger at heart.
4. Red-winged blackbird: The color on their wings is so cool. I remember seeing them a lot in the country when I was a kid.
5. Bald eagle: It's our national bird, and living near
the Mississippi River, I get to see a lot of them.
6. Baltimore Oriole: Another area bird I can see often,
and they're rivals of the Red Sox :-)
7. Hummingbird: The rare times I see one, it's awesome
- one of God's cool creations.
8. Parrot: Always a favorite when we took the boys
to the pet store or zoo.
9. Blackbird: Some are huge,
and the packs they sometimes travel in our almost scary.
10. Red-headed woodpecker: I seldom see one unless I hear it first and then watching it peck is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment