How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day 79, March 20: Greatest Stories

My Favorite
Jesus Parables
At first, I was going to do my favorite Jesus parables/sayings, but there were too many. I'll do my favorite sayings on Easter. I'm doing parables today because I felt inspired.
1. The Prodigal Son: It sends shivers down my spine to think that God will welcome us back, even should we stray and seem to be dead. We are alive.
2. The Workers in the Vineyard: The last will be first and the first will be last. Amazing and hard to comprehend in human minds.
3. The Good Samaritan: The one who was despised by his contemporaries proved to be the most merciful.
4. The Sower of Seeds: The one who plants his seed on the good ground has the strongest and growing faith.
5. The Lowest Seat: Don't try to be proud or conceited. Whoever humbles himself will be exalted.
6. The Wicked Tenants: Even sending his beloved son wasn't enough for the master to get his fruits.
7. The Lost Sheep: Though the shepherd had 100, he sought after, found the lost one and celebrated to high heaven.
8. The Wedding Feast: Many - oh so many - are called, but few are (sadly) chosen.
9. The Mustard Seed: It's the smallest, but miracuously grows into the largest - similar to our faith.
10. The Parable of the Talents: It makes my list because it stretches my faith. It is so difficult to reconcile the fate of the one with the fewest talents.

No comments:

Post a Comment