How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 66, March 7: 1973 Pop

My Top 1973
pop songs
Other than 1972, this might be my favorite year of music.
This is just one of my Top 10 lists from that year.
(Refer back to Jan. 13 blog entry for similar list)
1. "Oh Babe, What Would You Say,"
by Hurricane Smith
2. "Dancing in the Moonlight," by King Harvest
3. "Brother Louis," Stories
4. "It Never Rains in Southern California,"
by Albert Hammond
5. "Playground in My Mind," by Clint Holmes
6. "Stuck in the Middle," by Stealers Wheel
7. "Daisy a Day," by Jud Strunk
8. "Last Song," by Edward Bear
9. "Peaceful," by Helen Reddy
10. "My Maria," by B.W. Stevenson
Note: Five of these artists are considered one-hit wonders. Can you figure out which ones?
Check out the answer on the Jan. 13 blog entry.

1 comment:

  1. Here's a more Anglicized Top 5 from 1973:
    "Cindy Incidentally" by the Faces
    "Drive-in Saturday" by David Bowie
    "Money" by Pink Floyd
    "Life on Mars" by David Bowie
    and the greatest rock-n-roll Christmas song of all time:
    "Merry Xmas Everybody" by Slade

    ReplyDelete