How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 60, March 1: Not Quite Crying

Movies That Bring
Tears to My Eyes
It doesn't matter how many times I see these movies, I get tears in my eyes near the end when a certain part plays out. It's good for men to shed tears once in a while, isn't it? That's what they say, anyway. So I'm not ashamed or embarrassed by it.
1. "Ghost:" As with many of these, this film ranks in my all-time Top 20. I love its spiritualness, its love between the main characters and Whoopi Goldberg. Tears come when Demi Moore is working the clay and the song "Unchained Melody" plays. They come again at the end. (Twice in one movie!)
2. "Field of Dreams:" Toward the end, when Kevin Costner says in an almost choked voice, "Hey, Dad, do you want to have a catch?"
I'm done. Tears time, every time.
3. "Babe:" Geez, I like Arnold Ziffel from "Green Acres" and I cry over a pig. But when his proud owner is showing off his sheep dog winner and says, "That'll do pig, that'll do," I shed tears. (I love pork, too!)
4. "Toy Story I, II or III:" Man these are sentimental stories, especially for a parent. The last one - just thinking about it now is bringing tears - was just an awesome ending to sum up the series.
5. "Heaven Can Wait:" Another great spiritual film, it also has humor and sports. I nearly cry when Jack Warden is left bewildered in the lockerroom then shed tears when Beatty tells Christie in the dark, "There's nothing to worry about." It's heavenly.
6. "Shane:" That odd little boy, with the cross eyes ... when he yells, "Come back Shane. Shaaaane, come back. Mother wants you to come back. Shaaaaane." Geez, I wish he'd a went back
so I wouldn't tear-up every time.
7. "Rudy:" What guy doesn't at least hold back tears he should be spilling when Rudy is carried off the field?
8. "Hoosiers:" What guy doesn't at least hold back tears he should be spilling when Hickory wins the title?
9. "Somewhere In Time:" One of the greatest love stories ever, you can feel it in your gut the way Christopher Reeve loves Jane Seymour. The ending is so great, it brings tears.
10. "It Could Happen to You:" A minor film in Nicolas Cage's career, but the true story is so inspiring and sweet, I get tears wishing there could be more true stories like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment