How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day 86, March 27: To Infinity ...

My Favorite
Animated Films
I've seen a lot of them. Most of the classics new and old, in fact. Here is my list - plus a list of honorable mentions that might well indeed make others' Top 10.
1. Toy Story 1, 2 and 3: Rather than take up three spots - which they would - I put them tied at No. 1. I liked the original best, No. 3 second and No. 2 just behind the others.
2. Up: The combination of fun and endearing love made this a fantastic film for all ages.
3. All Dogs Go to Heaven: Very few Top 10s would have this on the list, but I watched it over and over on DVD with my young sons.
4. Shrek: The voices and characters were fantastic. I started losing interest in the sequels, though.
5. Bugs Bunny & Road Runner Movie: Makes sense that my favorite cartoon of all time would rank in my Top 10 of favorite animated films.
6. 101 Dalmations: All those dogs running around and that evil woman ... a great combination for a young boy when I saw this movie.
7. Wall-E: I literally loved the first half or more of this film but really disliked when it went to the fat humans - though it was a great commentary on us.
8. Finding Nemo: I saw this for the first time on DVD at my sister Ann's house with brother-in-law Dave, neice Renae and my entire family. Very cute.
9. A Bug's Life: This was such a creative and interesting animated film, it makes my list.
10. Pinocchio: I remember as a youngster being amazed at the talking puppet and his adventures.
Near misses that would make others' lists: Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs; The Lion King; Ratatouille; The Incredibles; Cars; Bambi; How to Train Your Dragon; The Simpson's Movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment