How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 63, March 4: All Thumbs

My All-Time List
of Things I Can't
Fix or Build
Some people are great writers and lovers (right Kris? She just said, "That's what I hear" :-( Others can fix or build things (like my late dad, my brother Jeff, brothers-in-law Dave and Steve, good friend Ed and, well, just about any other guy I know is better at it than I am.) Kris has coaxed me into putting up a shelf here and some window shades there, so there is hope. Here are 10 things I wish I could do.
1. Fix the toilet: I scrape my knuckles trying to undo the screws.
2. Fix the sink: Ditto, though I did manage to put in some new ones
in one of our bathrooms and they aren't leaking - yet.
3. Fix anything under the hood of a car: What a mess.
4. Build a workbench: I'd cut off the tip of my finger.
And why would I need a workbench?
5. Build a small shed: I really could use this to keep my rakes, hoes, shovels and other tools I'm good with.
6. Build an addition to the house: Right.
7. Fix a broken concrete step: I've tried and it's a very temporary fix. I'll need to fix it again soon.
8. Fix an aging storm window: I'd drop it. I DID drop an air conditioner from a second floor window once,
almost cutting off the tip of my finger.
9. Fix a leak in the ceiling: I'd probably have to get on the roof
and that wouldn't be pretty.
10. Build anything from the store that comes with
build-it-yourself instructions:
At least on my first try.

No comments:

Post a Comment