How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 59, Feb. 28: Who Am I?

My Notable Disguises
and Aliases
I dedicate this 59th blog to my friend, Al, since he suggested the topic. (And he's almost 59 - oops, sorry, Al, more like a young 55) It's just one of his many suggested topics, one of which could eventually inspire me to do My All-Time Favorite Appendages. We'll see.)
1. The Little Old Lady: This voice and personality were very popular with my youngest son and several of my nieces and nephews years ago. I love to make kids laugh.
2. Oily: Probably the one I dislike the most, but still look back on it with nostalgia. My friend Mark gave me this nickname as a sophomore when I came to high school one day with what HE thought was oily hair. The name stuck for years, even after I started balding.
3. Tabby: Like many pet owners, I talk for my pet cat Tabby.
And, he's usually a smart-aleck.
4. The Bush Master: I made myself the leader of our punk rock band called The Bushmen. Only the drummer knew how to play his instrument. We pounded ours and kind of screamed. I played violin.
5. Husband: For years I've been a pretty selfish, overgrown boy disguised as a husband. But I'm slowing growing up
and maybe it won't be a disguise forever.
6. A homeplate umpire: I wore the mask and became quite confident calling balls and strikes - for kids age 10-and-younger.
7. Swenny: My Idaho Falls friend Danimal called me this and I became his accomplice to some pretty crazy nights in a Mormon town.
8. The Recovering Widower: I definitely had to put on some masks that first year to hide the tears and sorrows.
Nobody likes a pitiful widower.
9. The Bouncer: If I have enough to drink and the music is just right ... I'll get out the dance floor and bounce -
with or without a partner.
10. Carl Yastrzemski: I was the Red Sox star outfielder as a 10-year-old throwing a tennis ball up against the house and causing the Fenway Park crowd to howl over the great running catches I'd make.

1 comment:

  1. As the Al mentioned above, I wish to go on record as being against the proposed appendages list.

    ReplyDelete