How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 53, Feb. 22: The Daughter I Never Had

And What I'd Love Her to Be
Of course, had there ever been a chance for me to have a daughter, Jane and/or Kris would have a lot of say in these things. But, as Kris has told me often,
this is my blog so it's my imagination.
1. Her name would be Sarah: It's a great Biblical figure, and the name of my wonderful great-grandmother on my mom's side.
2. She'd have blue eyes: Like mine, and they'd shine
especially bright in the sunlight.
3. She'd be a Tomboy: I'd wrestler her until she was too old to be wrestled; I'd pitch her baseballs until she told me to stop; I'd rebound her every missed shot, which wouldn't be many.
4. She'd be beautful: No matter how she looked on the outside.
5. She'd be great at math: And help bust that stupid statistic that girls aren't as good as boys in this school subject.
6. She would have high self-esteem: Though an overused concept for kids in our world today, I believe young girls need this when it comes to dealing with other girls and, most especially, boys.
7. She'd make me cry (a lot): As an infant on my lap, as a teetering toddler; as a gangly pre-teen, as a teenager heading off to Prom; as a college freshmen leaving home and as a perfect bride.
8. She'd be a modern feminist: This is a woman who is equally confident enough to go it alone - if SHE so chose to - or be content to become a housewife - IF that was HER choice.
9. She'd call me "daddy": Even after she was married;
and she'd always be my girl.
10. She'd have a deep and devoted love of God: We'd share our thoughts on Him and His son Jesus - to my dying days.

2 comments:

  1. 11. She would spend approximately four times the amount of minutes using that bathroom to get ready on a normal school day than I use on days when I have to meet a visiting dignitary or have some other important public function that requires a well-dressed representative of the company.
    (citation: The Life and Times of A Dad with Two Girls, Ages 15 & 11).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I hadn't thought of that side of having a daughter.

    ReplyDelete