How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 46, Feb. 15: Recent Downloads

10 New Songs for iTunes
One of my projects mentioned in a previous blog is going through the entire 695-page Billboard Book of Top 40 Hits and finding songs to add to my iTunes library. (I'm up to page 144) They're songs I'd forgotten about, but like enough to buy. Last night's batch is considerably slanted toward R&B and soul. Listed alphabetically by artist, as found in the book:
Brickell, Edie & New Bohemians: "What I Am." A catchy 1989 tune
that I just couldn't pass up.
Brown, Bobby: "My Prerogative." Bouncy tune from 1988 that had me bouncing on the dance floor (without a partner) during a TH Christmas party. (Jane laughed as hard as I'd ever seen her laugh.)
Browne, Jackson: "Somebody's Baby." Popular in 1982 when
I lived in Idaho Falls, Ida.
Canned Heat: "Going Up the Country." A 1968 acid-rock type of song that reminds me of the Allman Brothers.
Carl Carlton: "Everlasting Love." Popular in late 1974 when
I was a high school senior dating a freshman.
Chad & Jeremy: "Yesterday's Gone." A pretty 1964 folk hit by this duo. I also own the beautiful "A Summer Song."
Chapman, Tracy (seen in photo above): "Fast Car." I didn't like this 1988 song as much as her 1996 "Give Me One Reason,"
but it's good enough to make the cut.
Charles, Ray: "Unchain My Heart." I should probably own more of his songs, but I especially like the background girls on this 1961 hit.
Charles & Eddy: "Would I Lie to You?" This 1992 song
is my second-favorite of two with the same name.
The other is a 1985 rocker by the Eurythmics.
Collins, Phil: "I Don't Care Anymore." Not one of my favorite singers, this 1983 hard-rock song makes me feel better
when I approach not caring anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment