How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 47, Feb. 16: I'm Having a Birthday

Photo from Wikipedia Commons
Some Memorable Birthdays
I turned 54 today - no longer a spring chicken, though I still have a spring in my step. I certainly don't remember every birthday, but the following left a mark.
13th, 1970: I got real cocky about being a teenager, which my dad threw back in my face real soon after I was acting like a 2-year-old.
18th, 1975: It was the legal age to drink at the time, but I hosted a non-alcoholic party at my home, which made my parents proud.
21st, 1978: A junior at UW-Madison living in the Regent Apts., four of us walked up to State Street for a couple - and a couple more.
25th, 1982: My second month in Gillette, Wyo.,
and my first birthday alone.
30th, 1987: Spent it with my wife, Jane, and 3-month-old son,
Jay. (How life can change so quickly.)
35th, 1992: Spent it with my wife, Jane, Jay
and 1 1/2 -year-old son, Shawn.
40th, 1997: Totally clueless and surprised by a party Jane set up at Governor Dodge Motel in Platteville. Members of the Swensons and Richards were there.
45th, 2002: Melancholy birthday as we continued to battle Jane's breast cancer. (How life can change so quickly)
She was gone a year and a half later.
50th, 2007: Totally blind-sided by how depressed this milestone made me feel (Kris helped me get through it)
54th, today: Shared with Kris and many friends on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment