How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 52, Feb. 21: Over-Rated


Things That Aren't As Good
as They Say They Are
This is one of my most subjective lists - obviously - since I'm probably in the minority
in over-rating most of these.
Hot cars: Power under the hood, gadgets on the dash, heat in the seats ... I prefer to just drive from here to there.
Radiohead: I've tried and tried and tried liking this group's odd music and still haven't found one song that gets the privilege
of joining my iPod.
Expensive wine: Guess I'm just not sophisticated enough to tell the subtle differences. But I know what I like.
Marlon Brando: In many of his movies, he seemed like an urgent actor urgently acting out a part, rather than
naturally becoming the part.
Shaquille O'Neal: He came into the NBA a big brute who mostly dunked after forcing his way through defenders (that's an offensive foul, ref!) and that's how he's going out.
First class seating: It's just not me. I'm one of the people
they glance at as we walk by.
Oprah: She's a nice woman and all, but not somebody who should be almost worshipped by many people.
Graceland: It's smaller than you'd think and much more tacky.
Back rubs: They're OK. I've had some nice ones.
But I don't yearn for them as many people do.
The New England Patriots: They've been good, but not as good as ESPN and the East Coast media make them out to be.


2 comments:

  1. I would have loved first-class seating flying to and from Australia -- the seats fold down into beds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I* agree with most of these. Try Radiohead's "creep" Its the only one I can take.

    The same media that fawns over the Patriots also over hypes those "sox" :)

    ReplyDelete