How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Day 58, Feb. 27: Nip It!

Favorite Situation Comedy
"Secondary" Characters
The Andy Griffith Show is such a favorite of mine, I could probably include 5-6 on this list. But I'll spread it out a little because I like so many.
1. Floyd the Barber, The Andy Griffith Show: He's just so funny and lovable. I especially liked him in the episode where he and Barney are held hostage by three female prison escapees.
2. Arnold Ziffel, Green Acres: Maybe this says something about my tastes, but this pig was hilarious. 
3. Hymie, Get Smart: From a pig to a robot.
The perfect "deadpan" comedy character.
4. Jethrine, The Beverly Hillbillies: OK, by now you can see I like strange characters. I know someone who honestly believes this part was NOT played by Max Baer Jr.
5. Eddie Haskell, Leave it to Beaver: What an instigating,
two-faced, mean ... genius.
6. Uncle Arthur, Bewitched: Paul Lynde turned this character
into a standup comedian.
7. Uncle Fester, The Addams Family: Strangest among
a strange family.
8. Newman, Seinfeld: An "out-there" character who epitomized
quality over quantity.
9. Gomer Pyle, The Andy Griffith Show: Aw shucks, how could you not love and laugh with Gomer?
10. Hank Kimball, Green Acres: The buy could talk your ear off.
Glad I don't know him personally.

2 comments:

  1. Well, you've sure overlooked some memorable secondary characters. Off the top of my head:
    Mr. Haney (Green Acres)Otis or Leon (The Andy Griffith Show) Elliot Carlin, Mr. Herd, Mr. Peterson, or Mrs. Peterman (The Bob Newhart Show) Larry, Darryl and Darryl (Newhart)
    Bulldog (Frasier) Dobber (Coach)Wilson (Home Improvement ) or even Mr. Burns, Crazy Cat Lady, Comic Book Guy, Professor Frink, Moe the Bartender, Nelson Muntz, Ralph Wiggum, Mrs. Krabappel, or Groundskeeper Willie (The Simpsons)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some excellent additions, Al. And I might add Buddy and Sally on the Dick Van Dyke Show.

    ReplyDelete