How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 32, Feb. 1: No Words

My Favorite Instrumentals
of All Time
1. "Ashokan Farewell," Jay Ungar and Friends (The theme of Ken Burns' "Civil War" series, it's haunting and beautiful while bringing back memories of the late 1980s.)
2. "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desire," Leo Kottke (Very pretty, this spiritual tune has been done in many versions; but this is the best.)
3. "Jessica," The Allman Brothers (Classic guitar rock song
from a classic rock band.)
4. "M.F.S.B.," T.S.O.P. (Disco! Shows my broad tastes in music. Abbreviations are Mother, Father, Sister, Brother
by The Sound of Philadelphia)
5. "Overland Blues," The Yoshida Brothers (Kris burned this song for me a few years ago. Very upbeat and catchy;
brings a smile to my face.)
6. "Zorba the Greek," Herb Albert & the Tijuana Brass
(Makes me want to dance at a Greek wedding.)
7. "Popcorn," Hot Butter (Everybody gets a kick out of this one.)
8. "Theme from Lonesome Dove," Basil Poledouris
(Great mini-series, great theme song. Kris introduced me
to both - she has it on DVD.)
9. "The Minstrel Boy," James Galway (The one that stands out in my mind on the great The Celtic Minstrel CD.) 
10. (tie) "Love is Blue," Paul Mauriat & Orchestra and "Love's Theme," Love Unlimited Orchestra (Love both equally
from my younger days.)

No comments:

Post a Comment