How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 36, Feb. 5: Mom

Things I Love About My Mom
I received the most ironic early birthday card from Mom today. It was titled Top Ten Things Overheard at a Really Good Birthday Party. It's ironic because, not only does my mom NOT follow or even know about my blog, she doesn't even have a computer!
1. The courage she has shown during a most disheartening past
12 years, losing her husband, a sister-in-law, a daughter
and her favorite cat, Abby.
2. How she often acts like Lucy,
of I Love Lucy fame.
3. Her unique stories about squirrels
and cats with 2-inch long claws.
4. That she calls me Jimmy sometimes.
5. How she defends smoking cigarettes,
tries to consider others' feelings and wonders why she's made
to feel like a leper for doing something completely legal.
6. That she encouraged me to get away from my hometown
and see some of the world.
7. How she smacks her lips together rapidly
when tasting something for the first time.
8. That she likes to watch Wheel of Fortune
but says, "I'm watching the Wheel."
9. How she cooks roast beef and chocolate chip cookies.
10. The way she put up with some of my dad's stubborness
and misses him dearly every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment