How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 96, April 6: Super-Size?

My All-Time Favorite
Fast Foods
I'm not going to bad-mouth fast foods. Nobody is making anybody else eat them. Nobody is forcing anybody to super-size them. Eaten occasionally and in moderation, I don't see any harm.
1. KFC: Original, please! The mashed potatoes and cole slaw are almost as good as the chicken. I've gone from the 4-piece when I was in my 20s to just a 2-piece.
2. Burger King: Usually, it's the two cheeseburger meal. Once in awhile, I'll get a Junior Whopper. They have my favorite frieds, too, btw.
3. Pickle Barrel Subs: A Dubuque-owned business, I like the taste of these better than any other subs I've eaten. (I consider this to be "eating healthy" compared to most fast foods as I add no salt, pepper, vinegar, sauces or dressings - seldom cheese)
4. Panda Express: If they had one of these in Dubuque, it would rank higher. I almost always partake of these places in out-of-town malls.
5. A&W: Great burgers and fries, plus a mug of frosty root beer. Not as fast as some places, but worth the wait.
6. Panera's: One of Kris' favorites, it's another nice, healthy alternative to many on this list. But my favorite hot sandwiches often cut the roof of my mouth :-( 
7. McDonald's: The only thing I ever order anymore is the Quarter Pounder Meal, no onions. But I like it a lot.
8. Taco Bell: I don't eat here too often anymore, but when I do, it's usually just some hard-shelled tacos.
9. Subway: Doesn't rank up there with Pickle Barrel, but still a good, healthy option to burgers and fries.
10. Arbys: Another spot I don't take advantage of too often. In Dubuque, it's out of the way to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment