How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Friday, April 29, 2011

Day 119, April 29: What's My Name?

If I Wasn't Jim
What Would My Name Be?
Kris suggested this entry. She actually asked me the question last night on our anniversary after we went out to eat at Fritz & Frites in Galena, Ill. It's a German/French combo restaurant. I had Sauerbraten roast beef, but exchanged the saurkraut and cabbage to get the Frites. A real Eurpoean combo! (And I didn't ask for ketchup.) Anyway, here are 10 names I'd seriously take if my dad Lee James and Edie didn't name me James Lee.
1. Johnny Jeffery: Half-jokingly, I believe I was a Confederate named Johnny Blood in a previous life.
And, Johnny Jeffery really has a ring to it.
2. Abraham Luther: Combines so many people I admire: Lincoln, the Biblical Abraham, Martin Luther King and Martin Luther, of religious fame. (But everybody'd call me Abe)
3. Kirby Bo: A blatant sports name based on Kirby Puckett and Bo Jackson. I'd be embarrassed if I grew up hating sports.
4. Jeremiah Michael: It kind of rolls off your tongue.
A good biblical name. Stately.
5. Dominic Lee: Not sure if a Scandanavian can be named Dominic, but that makes it all the better.
6. Andrew Scott: Say it all the way through - Andrew Scott Swenson - and it's pretty smooth.
7. Ian Bartholomew: With such a short first name,
a long middle name works.
8. Tyrus Paul: If I'm going to be named after a mean guy like
Ty Cobb, I'll need a man of the faith for a middle name.
9. Zachary Lawrence: It would be neat having a first name
with the last letter of the alphabet.
10. Oscar James: Oscar is out there just enough to be worth the risk. But, if it failed, I could fall back on my middle name
and be called Jim ... Swenson.

1 comment:

  1. Well, your name might be "Mud" Swenson, for one. I'm kinda partial to G. Whizz Swenson, however. The "G." could stand for many things.

    ReplyDelete