How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Friday, April 22, 2011

Day 112, April 22: 2-In-1

My All-Time Favorite
Musical Duos
As I researched, I discovered there weren't as many that I liked as I thought. But the ones I do are very memorable and continue to provide good music for my iPod.
Here's the list with my favorite song from each:
1. The Carpenters, "Goodbye to Love" - It used to be "Close to You," but "Goodbye to Love" has grown on me and has a great guitar solo by Tony Peluso.
2. Hall & Oates, "Kiss On My List" - I used to think they were saying "Kiss on My Lips."
3. Sonny & Cher, "Baby Don't Go" - This song could be among my Top 50 of All-Time, which is saying a lot.
4. Simon & Garfunkel, "El Condor Pasa" - "Cecilia"
is a close second.
5. The Everly Brothers, "(Til) I Kissed You" - A great one to whistle to and a Top 100 all-time song for me.
6. The Eurythmics, "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)" - Didn't know until TONIGHT that this was a duo.
This song is another Top 100. 
7. The White Stripes, "Seven Nation Army" - Hard-rock duo that sounds like it has 4-5 bandmates playing.
8. Seals & Crofts, "Hummingbird" - Very pleasant duo.
Also love "Summer Breeze."
9. Loggins & Messina, "Thinking of You" - Just beats out the classic "Your Mama Don't Dance."
10. England Dan & John Ford Coley, "Nights are Forever Without You" - Long names and long song titles
("We'll Never Have to Say Goodbye Again")
HM tri-state duo: Okham's Razor, "One That Got Away"
- A Platteville-based, folksy duo.

No comments:

Post a Comment