How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day 110, April 20: Movie Songs

A List of Songs That Always
Make Me Think of a Movie
Whenever I hear these songs, I think about the movie they were in. It's not a list of the "greatest" songs ever in movies (though some might be) or even the most obvious. It's just a personal connection I have - and you probably do, too, for some songs from some movies.
"Holiday Road," by Lindsey Buckingham ("National Lampoon's Vacation"): It's played a lot when Chevy Chase and clan
are on the move.
"Hot in the City," by Billy Idol ("Big") It's when Tom Hanks
gets a ride in a limo.
"I'm Alright," by Kenny Loggins ("Caddyshack") It blares out at the beginning and plays every so often in this hilarious film.
"Maniac," by Michael Sembello ("Flashdance") Everytime I hear it I want to start running in place as hard as I can.
"My Guy," sung by Dee Dee Sharp ("Sister Act") One of two movies on this list with Whoopi Goldberg (go figure). 
She and the nuns sing it in a great scene.
"New Slang" by the Shins ("Garden State") Kris tuned me into this movie. The song is playing on the lead female character's headphones and she lets Zach Braff listen to it. Sweet scene.
"Que Sera Sera," by Doris Day ("The Man Who Knew Too Much") Doris sings this to help her son escape from his kidnappers
in this great Hitchcock flick.
"Tequila," sung by The Champs ("PeeWee's Big Adventure") You all must remember it's PeeWee's dance scene in the biker bar.
"Unchained Melody," by the Righteous Brothers ("Ghost") My favorite movie on this list, but when I hear the song, I get sad
for some reason. Whoopi's great in this film!
"Up Around the Bend," by Credence Clearwater Revival ("Remember the Titans") This rocker played as the Titans
were pounding on their opponents.

No comments:

Post a Comment