How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day 103, April 13: Kris the Cook

My Favorite
Kris Desserts
I did my favorite store snacks on March 28. They don't come close to Kris' desserts. She's become locally famous for many and as word spreads, I'm hoping one day she'll retire, set up Kris' Cakes & Things and makes us independently wealthy. In the meantime, I'll keep eating em up and working em off.
1. Raspberry Cheesecake: Not that long ago, before ever trying it, I thought cheesecake was just yellow and tasted like cheese. Kris has changed all of that, starting with this flavor.
2. Triple Layer Chocolate Mousse Cake (above): Not sure if that's the exact name, but I just had a piece and my mind is floating in chocolate heaven.
3. Red Velvet Cookies: This used to be No. 2. They're soft cookies with chocolate chips and cream cheese frosting. Wow!
4. Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies: These are huge. And I love when she freezes them so I can grab one, microwave it and savor it (often dripping cholocate on my chin :-(
5. Lemon cheesecake: This one is a bit tangy, but still excellent. (I'm overly sensitive to tangy things, even when they're not that tangy.)
6. M&M Bars in a Pan: Or just chocolate chip. She makes a pan for me for each Fantasy Baseball Draft.
7. Fat Balls (Oreo Truffle Balls): Hard chocolate outside, soft cake inside ... they're scrumptious.
8. Peanut Butter/Chocolate Chip cookies: If you haven't noticed, I'm partial to chocolate.
9. Peach Cobbler: I've started liking peaches a lot more in desserts in the past few years.
10. Sugar Cookies With Royal Icing: I loved how they tasted, but also the bright yellow and blue flower icing.

No comments:

Post a Comment