How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day 111, April 21: I Scream, You Scream ...

My Favorite
Frozen Treats
Kris bought me (us) a new ice cream called Red Carpet Red Velvet. It's similar to one of my favorite desserts she makes (see April 13 blog). Anyway, I didn't have an idea for a blog tonight, so she suggested ice cream. Well, being fussy in ALL foods, I could only come up with about eight flavors, and most of them had something to do with chocolate (though I really liked the Velvet stuff). So, I decided to list my favorite frozen treats,
since I like more of a variety of them.
1. Chocolate swirl ice cream: Or vanilla with chocolate syrup. I know, pretty plain. But it's my favorite. What else can I say?
2. Ice Cream Sandwich: The vanilla inside the chocolate
cake-like covering is very tasty.
3. Chocolate sundae: I don't like the nuts on them, but sometimes add pineapple pieces instead of cherry.
4. Orange sherbet: Remember the Push-Ups? Are they still around? I don't eat this as often as I used to, and when I do, it's in small doses as it gets too "tangy" for me.
5. Drumstick: There is no way I can explain why I like these when there are nuts on top. But I do, and danged if these Drumsticks
don't dumbfound me.
6. Popsicles: My favorite flavors are grape, cherry and root beer. But again, don't eat these as much as I did as a kid.
7. Ice Cream Bar: Basically a vanilla and chocolate combo again. But I saw online that there's a Chocolate Raspberry Ice Cream Bar out there somewhere! Gotta try it.
8. Neopolitan Ice Cream: When I was younger, I was so fussy I just ate the vanilla and chocolate. Now I like all the flavors.
See, I've progressed!
9. Fudgicle: Another one that I'm not sure is still around. Loved them as a kid and it would be neat to try one again.
10. Freezer Pops: My favorite flavors are cherry, grape and orange. Had a few when the boys were young. They were easy
for youngsters to handle.

2 comments:

  1. What UW alum fails to mention the ice cream from the Babcock Hall Dairy Store? I generally went with their Butter Pecan cone. Besides cones they sell sundaes, sherbet, frozen yogurt, ice cream pies, hot fudge brownie boats, shakes, malts, and ice cream sandwiches made with two locally-baked chocolate chip cookies.

    You want flavors? Ice cream flavors include: Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry, Blue Moon, Butter Pecan, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Cookies and Cream, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Orange Custard Chocolate Chip, Mocha Mocchiato, Union Utopia, Mint Fudge Marble, Double Scotch, Strawberry Shortcake, Pumpkin Pie Cream, Peach Melba, Berry Alvarez, Chocolate Turtle, Raspberry Swirl, and Badger Blast.

    Want to top off a sundae? They have hot fudge, chocolate sauce, hot caramel, butterscotch, marshmallow, strawberries, raspberries, cherries, blueberries, pecans, cashews, Oreos, Snickers, Butterfinger, M & Ms, Reeses Pieces, Sprinkles, and whipped cream.

    If you don't believe me check out their website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your list makes me really wish I wasn't fussy.

    ReplyDelete