How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Day 92, April 2: Crazy Jim

The "Real" Craziest
Things I've Ever Done
Fortunately for me, these aren't nearly as crazy as the made-up ones from yesterday. In fact, they'll probably sound boring. But maybe deep down, that's why I did what I did yesterady.
1. Hornet's nest: When I was about 4, my 3-year-old brother and were in a barn and I teased some hornets near their nest. Somehow, my brother ended up getting chased
and stung by the horde.
2. Towering: I actually did climb the Stoughton water tower with three or four other friends. But, while I clutched the railing to the walkway, my brother took the ladder to the very top and peed off it!
3. Party supplies: Some of the same friends and I were accomplices to an IGA stock boy, who stole 2 sacks of snacks and pop out of the store and left them in a backyard for us to pick up.
4. Outdoor theater caper: Those same friends and I tried sneaking another friend into an R-rated outdoor movie by having him run through a field. We got busted and taken to the cop shop.
5. Daytona driver: While on spring break, two friends and I drank a little too much. He met a girl and left us. We went to the car and, in anger, I sped away while he tried to chase us down.
6. Mountain climber: On the way to Idaho from Wyoming, I started up a mountain at night and ran into a blizzard halfway up. I had to maneuver a full u-turn, narrowly going off the edge,
to drive back down.
7. I-Haul, U-Haul: To impress a woman while living in Idaho, a friend and I snatched a lifesize wooden placard of a U-haul driver from the U-Haul lot and put it on her balcony. She wasn't impressed.
8. Air guitar maniac: At a party the first year in Dubuque, things were kind of boring so I grabbed a tennis racket when a good rock song came on, stood on a table and pretended to be a guitarist.
9. NASCAR man: I took my son, Jay, 7, to a NASCAR race in Michigan and after it was over, tried to keep up with other fans on the freeway to the point where we all were speeding 90 or higher.
10. Tornado Chaser: A tornado had been spotted west of Dubuque and I've wanted to see a tornado so bad, I climbed up on our roof to see if I could see it in the distance. I couldn't, and got down.

No comments:

Post a Comment