How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day 102, April 12: Lights, Camera ...

My All-Time
Favorite Actors
I was talking to Kris about this and we agreed it's a very tough list to compile. It's so subjective, and how do you really determine the final cut. I just couldn't limit to to 10 ... or even 20. Here's my Top 25 favorite actors,  broken into a top tier and a second tier. (I'm copping out on this list more than any other so far.)
Top Tier
Cage, Nicholas: Pure acting, no. But some of his movies
                            are my favorites.
Cooper, Gary: Class act, class actor.
Douglas, Michael: Just beats out his father in my tier system.
Duvall, Robert: He just keeps going and filling his roles perfectly.
Ford, Harrison: Action or drama, he gets it done.
Freeman, Morgan: The nicest actor around maybe.
Hanks, Tom: Could be my No. 1 - but I'm copping out, remember.
Hoffman, Dustin: Could be my No. 1 ...
McQueen, Steve: The coolest actor ever, maybe.
Nicholson, Jack: The next coolest ...
Stewart, Jimmy: Among my Top 3, if I was counting.
Washington, Denzel: "Glory" got him off to a great start, for me.
Second Tier
Bronson, Charles: Definitely the coolest second-tier actor.
Depp, Johnny: Maybe the most daring, as far as the variety
                         of roles he takes.
DiCaprio, Leonardo: He seems to be improving each year.
Douglas, Kirk: Tougher than Michael, perhaps should be
                          Top Tier instead.
Dreyfuss, Richard: I liked his earlier work better, but still top notch.
Eastwood, Clint: Almost as cool as Bronson.
Hackman, Gene: "Hoosiers" is a big factor in his inclusion
                             (plus a few others, of course).
Heston, Charlton: Tough as they come and demands attention.
Poitier, Sidney: So sophisticated and a real trailblazer.
Sellers, Peter: Almost solely for "Pink Panthers,"
                         but also could be quite profound.
Smith, Will: Charming and it all seems to come so natural.
Tracy, Spencer: Very dramatic, but surprisingly funny, too.
Wilder, Gene: Could really make you feel something when he acted.
Near misses: Humphrey Bogart, Jeff Bridges, Jim Carrey, Michael Cera, Kevin Costner, Henry Fonda and John Wayne.

No comments:

Post a Comment