How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day 106, April 16: Guy Warblers

My All-Time Favorite
Male Vocalists
If nothing else shows my eclectic taste in music, my favorite male vocalists surely will. They range from hard rock to country to easy listening. I've subdivided them into solo artists
and lead singers in bands.
Solo artists
Michael Buble: One of the newer ones on my list.
Very upbeat singer.
Jim Croce: Great young career cut short by tragic death.
John Denver: Lived a little longer, but still died young.
Al Green: My pick for greatest black singer ever.
Gordon Lightfoot: Definitely among my Top 5.
Elton John: He's gone downhill as he's aged.
Rod Stewart: Ditto. But don't we all? No.
Roger Whittaker: I'm not ashamed to say I love his voice.
Hank Williams Sr.: He's what country was and should be.
Stevie Wonder: During his prime, he was just awesome.
Lead singers of bands
Greg Allman, the Allman Brothers: Oozes blues/rock with every word.
Lindsey BuckinghamFleetwood Mac: Definitely among my Top 5.
Britt Daniel, Spoon: He has grown on me with his soulful/rock voice.
Mark Farner, Grand Funk: Classic rock voice at its best.
David Gates, Bread: The exact opposite of Farner,
but I like them both a lot.
Justin Hayward, The Moody Blues: My favorite singer in this band.
Paul McCartney, Beatles and Wings: He has aged as well as anyone.
Colin Meloy, The Decemberists: The most catchy voice of the 2000s.
Robert Plant, Led Zeppelin: A lot of heart and soul
in his presentations.
Ozzie Osbourne, Black Sabbath: Why? I can't explain it.

1 comment:

  1. I can see many of your picks, but wouldn't want to leave off: John Cash, Clint Black, Guy Clark, Willie Nelson, Vaughn Monroe, Tennessee Ernie Ford, Red Foley, Delbert McClinton, nor Ray Charles, Otis Redding, Paul Robeson, Fats Waller, Billy Eckstine, Nat King Cole, Brook Benton, or, even, Jack Teagarden, Jimmy Durante, Frank Sinatra, and Woody Herman. But I was born old.

    ReplyDelete