How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day 100, April 10: Best TV Shows

My Top 100 All-Time
Favorite TV Shows
To celebrate my 100th posting, I'm listing the 100 TV shows I've most enjoyed during my life. Many I shared with people I love(d) and that's why they're on the list. Many I savored alone. Most are from the past; very few from the 2000s. When you're not into reality TV, Idols, Dancers or CSI - and you don't have HBO or Showtime - well, it's kind of a lost TV decade. Oh well. Several of my shows would likely not be on anyone else's Top 100. I think that's cool. I hope you celebrate my list, not pick it apart or judge it. And, if you'd like to add some of yours, I'll celebrate those, as well. Enjoy and reminisce. (Shows with * are in my Top 25.)
A list of notable omissions is at the end.
The Top 100
* ABC's Wide World of Sports
The Addams Family
* Alfred Hitchcock Presents
* All in the Family
America's Funniest Home Videos
American Bandstand
* The Andy Griffith Show
Arrested Development
Baywatch
* The Bennie Hill Show

* The Beverly Hillbillies
Bewitched
* Bonanza
The Brady Bunch
Candid Camera
The Carol Burnett Show
Coach
Charlie's Angels
Cheers
Combat

The Cosby Show
The Dating Game
The Dick Van Dyke Show
Doug (cartoon)
* Early Edition
* ESPN Sports Center
Family Ties
Fantasy Island
* The Flintstones
Flipper

The Flip Wilson Show
* The Fugitive
Gentle Ben
Get Smart
* Gilligan's Island
Good Times
Gomer Pyle USMC
* Green Acres
Gunsmoke
Hannity & Colmes

* Happy Days
Hazel
Here's Lucy
Hogan's Heroes
Home Improvement
The Honeymooners
* I Love Lucy
Jeopardy
Lassie
Late Night With David Lettermen

* Leave it to Beaver
The Love Boat
Married ... With Children
* M*A*S*H
The Match Game
Mission: Impossible
* Monday Night Football
The Monty Python Show
Mork & Mindy
Mr. Ed

The Munsters
My Favorite Martian
My Three Sons
Newhart
The Newlywed Game
* Night Gallery
Nightline
NYPD Blue
The O'Reilly Factor
The Partridge Family

Pee Wee's Playhouse
Police Squad
The Price is Right
The Red Skelton Hour
* The Rifleman
Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In
Sanford & Son
* Saturday Night Live
Saved by the Bell
Scrubs

* Seinfeld
Sex & the City
The Simpsons
60 Minutes
The Smothers Brothers
Survivor (the first season only)
Taxi
Three's Company
Thirtysomething
* The Tonight Show (Carson and Leno)

To Tell the Truth
Touched by an Angel
* The Twilight Zone
The Walt Disney Show
Welcome Back Kotter
What's My Line
* Wheel of Fortune
Who Wants to Be a Millionaire
WKRP in Cincinnati
* The Wonder Years
Ten notable omissions:
These didn't make it for various reasons and are likely on most other people's Top 100:
Desperate Housewives, E.R., Frasier, Friends, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Office (could move in some day), Roseanne (never will), The West Wing and The X-Files.
Day 200: Top 200 All-Time Movies
Day 300: Top 300 All-Time Songs

No comments:

Post a Comment