How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day 107, April 17: Loner

Top 10 List of Things
I Like to do Alone
Some of the things on this list I like doing with others, too.
But I get some inner satisfaction from doing them alone, too.
1. Working in the Yard: With my iPod in pocket, I thoroughly enjoy putzing around in the garden or just sitting for a while and pulling Creeping Charlie. It's rare I sit still.
2. Working in the Office: Saturday mornings are so quiet at the TH. I can get so much done, and with my music turned up a little louder than during the week, too. I'll miss this some day when I retire.
3. Taking a Plane Trip: Alone, I can put up with all the preparation crap because once I'm in my seat, there's not a care in the world. The hum of the plane is soothing and I love having a window seat.
4. Driving at Night: Similar to taking a plane trip, but I have to stay awake. With good music, it's pretty easy. In fact, I nod off more often driving between 3-7 than I do past 10 p.m.
5. Cleaning Around the House: Organizing things, washing the kitchen floor, vacuuming, cleaning toilets, washing clothes ... anything but dusting, for some odd reason.
6. Running: I've run with Kris and other male friends, but there's nothing like running alone on a good route on a good day listening to - you guessed it - my iPod.
7. Going to a Movie: Kris and I go to one almost every week, but I also really enjoy sitting alone watching a good film. It's another good way to get away from life for a couple of hours.
8. Watching a Good Game: I watch too many games, to be sure, but it's not quite as often that I plan ahead to watch a specific Packers or Badgers game and then have them live up to expectations.
9. Listen to a Record: I don't do this as often (iPod :-( But we do have a turntable and occasionally I'll lie on the floor and listen to a complete side of an old album.
10. Shooting Baskets: Again, I'm getting too old to do this as often, and when I do, it's usually for 30 minutes at the most. I will say that I still can amaze myself at how good an outside shooter I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment