How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Friday, April 15, 2011

Day 105, April 15: Shopping List

My Organized
Shopping Trips
Kris and I just returned from HyVee. We "usually" get along with we get groceries together. But I follow a much more regimented routine than she does. So we occasionally clash.
Here is my typical solo trip to the grocery store.
1. Fruits and vegetables first, always: Or should I say pineapples and carrots. That's what I most often get. And they go in the little upper tray near the handle!
2. Skip a couple of aisles: There are few canned or baked goods that I ever buy. But occasionally, I grab a jar of peanut butter or ketchup. They go in the bottom, back of the cart.
3. Breads/Chips: Whole wheat bread and Cheetoes is the regular buy. They go in the tray with the fruits and veggies.
4. Pop: I'll stock up on Dew if I need it, but always get some Diet Sunkist Lemonade for Kris. If 12-pack of cans, on the bottom level below the basket. If eight-pack plastic bottles, split
and straddling the rim of the cart.
5. Freezer goods: This could include Tombstone pizzas, TV dinners, frozen veggies, ice cream ... they all stack close together in the main cart - toward the front.
6. Dairy goods: Often it's a gallon of OJ and several cups of yogurt. They also go near the frozen goods; the yogurts stacked neatly next to each other for easy unloading. I save room for the milk,
which I get at the organic area, in the front.
7. Cat food/litter: As Tabby is eating and peeing us out of house and home, this is a constant every trip. The 10 cans of cat food usually fit in the tray; the litter goes by the pop in the bottom.
8. Miscellaneous: It could be tissues, heat wraps, vitamins, Q-Tips ... there's always room near the front of the cart for these.
9. Checkout: All the same things - such as the cans of cat food or cups of yogurt - are kept together. Cold items roll down the conveyor belt together, too. Milk in a bag? No thanks.
10. Loading up car: I try to lean things next to each other so they won't roll around on the trip home. And I always make sure my cart is rolled tightly into the cart in front of it in the outside stall. Why not?

2 comments:

  1. Kris not only bakes you extravagant desserts, but has to put up with your eccentric shopping rituals? The woman is a saint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She says I'm lucky I'm cute.

    ReplyDelete