How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Day 203, July 22: Re-Boot!

10 Things I Miss
When I Can't Sign On
Our wireless Internet didn't work last night, so I didn't do a blog post. I also didn't stress over it. I knew I'd eventually do a post. That fact makes me believe I am slowly gaining some wisdom. Still, I wouldn't want to be without the 'Net for too long. This list is probably boring compared to most surfers, but what can I say? It's me.
1. Fantasy sports: It's the first - and often the last - thing I check when I sign on (regardless of the season).
2. Email: Though it's most often junk, I still check it out fairly quickly - especially if my Fantasy League check reveals bad statstics.
3. Intellicast: My choice for online weather, 
I usually check out the radar.
4. Rotten Tomatoes: My choice for movie sites, I tend to call it up quite often during my day at work as the features editor.
5. Facebook: This used to rank higher. I just don't get into it too much. It's usually just to play Kris or Cathy in Scrabble, though I'll scroll down a ways to see if there's anything interesting. I seldom post.
6. Dictionary/thesaurus: I don't keep the book versions nearby at home. Sometimes I'll use a real dictionary at work.
7. Find a Person: Though I'll still use a phonebook, this Internet tool comes in handy for out-of-the-area questions.
8. Iowa and Wisconsin high school stat resources: Though I've used these immensely during the past year-and-a-half for my book, I also tend to check them out periodically for personal pleasure.
9. Scrabbleblast: It's the one online game 
I enjoy playing once in a while.
10. Swen's Tens: It ranks No. 10 because it's a one-year deal. But I mostly have enjoyed doing it.

3 comments:

  1. It's definitely in the Top 15!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have you know I consider it my calling to see that your email inbox is laden with "junk."

    ReplyDelete