How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Monday, July 18, 2011

Day 199, July 18: Top 200 Trailer

10 Trivial Items
From My Top 200
Movies of All Time
I love statistics and movies, so this was a fun - but time-consuming - post. Here are 10 interesting facts about my Top 200 movie list, which comes out tomorrow. I was very honest about how I felt about movies, resisting temptation to rank critically acclaimed films if I honestly, truly liked other ones better.
1. The 2000s leads the decades with 44 films. I call that the "Kris Effect." We've seen lots of movies the past seven-plus years together.
2. There are nine Tom Hanks movies. But one of them was NOT "Bachelor Party."
3. The oldest movie was "The General," a Buster Keaton silent picture from 1926.
4. The Godfather (1972) just made the list; The Godfather II did not.
5. The year with the most movies on my Top 200 was 1993, with eight.
6. There are eight Alfred Hitchcock flicks on the list, but none before 1950 (I need to see many of his early ones)
7. I did not include any 2011 movies yet. A couple could break into the list come Jan. 1.
8. Jim Carrey is represented in five movies, but none are from his stupid, silly days. 
9. As I was making out the list, I put an asterisk by films I thought could be in my Top 25. I ended up putting asterisks by 33, so I'm pretty secure on my all-time, all-time favorites.
10. There are only 26 movies on my list from before 1960. If I ever do another year of blogging some day, I hope that number increases.

No comments:

Post a Comment