How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day 191, July 10: Animal Stars

 My Top 10 Favorite
Animals on Television
I meant to keep this to "real" animals, but couldn't find 10 that I really liked. So one "unreal" one snuck in. 
1. Mr. Ed: The only real one who could talk. Of course he's going to be No. 1.
2. Arnold Ziffel: He almost could talk - his parents from Hooterville understood him in "Green Acres."
3. Lassie: Man, I loved this dog as I was growing up. "What's wrong, girl? Did Timmy fall down the well?"
4. Duke: Laziest dog in the history of TV, but the Clampetts put up with him on "The Beverly Hillbillies."
5. Kermit the Frog: Funny, lovable "animal." And I love the song, "Rainbow Connection."
6. Spot: Most terrifying (supposedly) pet ever. But most of "The Addams Family" characters are not as bad as they look.
7. Flipper: Though the theme song is my all-time favorite (March 19 post), Flipper's voice just gets on my nerves. (It's the same one as the gopher on the movie "Caddyshack." Listen once.)
8. Morris the Cat: There aren't enough cats on television. And this one, only in commercials, was a smart-aleck. But I love cats, so he's No. 8.
9. Gentle Ben: A bear as a pet? Gotta make the list.
10. Tiger: About as spoiled as the kids on "The Brady Bunch," but I must admit I liked 'em all.

1 comment:

  1. Rowlf the dog on "The Jimmy Dean Show" (and later "The Muppets") cracked me up. He deserves some recognition.

    ReplyDelete