How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 192, July 11: The Hot Corner

My Top 10 Favorite
All-Time Third Basemen
I found no black third basemen listed on all-time best lists. Dick (Richie) Allen is the only one on my list. Weird.
Wade Boggs, Red Sox: What a hitter! He had to be, since he wasn't very fast. 
George Brett, Royals: Ranks up there with Boggs as a hitter and with a little more power.
Paul Molitor, Brewers: Part of those great teams of the 1980s, this was a class guy.
Pie Traynor, Pirates: My only guy from the early 1900s, I like his name as much as his skills.
Ron Santo, Cubs: I thought he was cool when I was young, but jumped on the announcer bandwagon in recent years.
Mike Schmidt, Phillies: Probably the top third baseman ever, he could hit for power and average.
Chipper Jones, Braves: He just keeps going and going, even after injuries. Another class guy.
Dick Allen, Phillies: His tough personality intrigued me and one of his baseball cards is my all-time favorite (March 31 post).
Eddie Mathews,  Braves: Overshadowed by Hank Aaron and Warren Spahn, this guy hit 512 home runs!
Brooks Robinson, Orioles: Not a great hitter, his defense - though maybe over-rated - was fun to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment