How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Day 190, July 9: Casey Anthony

10 Observations From Someone
Who Hasn't Paid Attention
1. Why care? If she really did it (I couldn't avoid learning that she was found not guilty; it was on all the front pages), she's not the first mom to ever kill her child (sadly).
2. I ignore Nancy Grace, who hypes everything.
3. It was too much like a stupid reality show, and I don't like them, either.
4. I've got so many better things to do with my time - and I'm not even that exciting of a person!
5. I can't believe how many people I know and respect have gotten caught up in the trial.
6. If she ultimately makes a lot of money because of this, everyone who have paid so much attention to her have indirectly contributed. You've made her a household name. Don't act so shocked. 
7. Many of you same people will pay to buy her book or go to the movie. Shame on you.
8. It's the female version of Charlie Sheen, another waste of time I skipped through when channel surfing or reading a paper.
9. I'm proud to say - and this is the truth - I don't believe I would recognize this Anthony woman if I saw her for longer than a second (I skipped through TV channels and newspaper stories/photos quicker than Sheen's)
10. Refer back to No. 1: Why did all of you people give this woman so much attention? According to the American Anthropological Association, more than 200 women kill their children in the United States each year. Grace & Co. and multiple media outlets decided to sensationalize this, and you fell for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment