How's it goin?

Welcome to my lists

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Day 198, July 17: Veggies

My Top 10
Favorite Vegetables
I'm not sure, as I start this list, that I like 10 different vegetables. I'll find out. And I'm guessing each one has a prerequisite.)
1. Carrots (raw, but cooked OK in a mixture)
2. Corn (especially on the cob)
3. Potatoes (without the skins)
4. Lettuce (in almost all varieties; and people say I'm fussy)
5. Celery (especially with wings)
6. Peas (the smaller the better)
(6. tie: Tomatoes, if they count. Some say they're fruit, and tomatoes were not on my Top 10 of fruit: Jan. 10 post)
7. Green beans (long and stringy preferred over short and fat)
8. Cabbage (in cole slaw)
9. Cauliflower (not cooked)
10. Broccoli (not cooked)
Honorable mention: Kris has gotten me to eat asparagus (especially at fancy restaurants), some uncooked spinach (mixed with lettuce) and more cucumber (thinly sliced) than I used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment